Sunny Day at Guanabara Bay

Finally the sun came for two days in a row and with it the weather that suits this city so well. From the first hours of the day on we can learn that the temperature is going to be very high, what can also be a challenge to the plein air painter.

I headed to the same spot where I did the first 2009 plein air painting (please, check the previous post) in search of that friendly leafy tree which gave me shelter from the rain. This time it provided me the shade I needed to protect me from the unbearable warmth of the sun.

I decided to do the same composition of the last sketch just for fun and the silvery grays gave way to the warm light of Rio de Janeiro summertime.


Sunny Day at Guanabara Bay - oil on panel 16x22cm -Sandra Nunes

Posted bySandra Nunes at 8:16 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2007 | Andreas08v2 by GeckoandFly and TemplatesForYou | Design by Andreas Viklund
TFY Burajiru