Sketching in the Rain

The weather didn´t give a signal of improving and my desire of painting outdoors was increasing at each rainy day. I decided to take the risk and despite the threatening heavy clouds in the sky, I went in search of that beautiful light that only rainy days can provide. I went to the seashore where the reflective water surface shows thousands of gray hues and the wind that moves the vessels provoques exquisite graphisms.

I found a huge leafy tree which, like a big green umbrella, would protect me for a time from an upcoming heavy rain . I sat on the bulwark and I thought I´d better not attaching the tripod to my pochade box as in case of an emergency it would be faster to get out.

The quality of the photo above isn´t that good as when I asked a nice couple to take it, I didn´t realize the camera was in recording mode, so this is a still of a movie.
Due to the circumstances I knew I had to work faster than fast, it was a real fight against the time lacking to start to rain, who would win? I started to say my mantra: simplify… simplify… get the essence...essence...essence ...

Well, end of the story: It rained(not so heavily) but the generous tree protected me from the drizzle and this is the result of my adventure:

First 2009 plein air painting:
Rainy Day at Guanabara Bay - oil on panel 16x22cm- Sandra Nunes

Posted bySandra Nunes at 7:54 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2007 | Andreas08v2 by GeckoandFly and TemplatesForYou | Design by Andreas Viklund
TFY Burajiru