Plein Air Painting in Urca

Sketching in Urca

I love mornings in Urca. This district in Rio de Janeiro, home of Sugar Loaf Mountain is always very quiet. The charming houses and small buildings shaded by trees is a real oasis.
I´ve decided to work in some small sketches as a counterpoint of a very large painting that is in progress by now.
I aimed to simplify the most I could. I intended to take pictures of the process, but it didn´t work, I took just one of the first washes and then, I forgot to stop...



First washes...
Felix Laranjeiras Square - Urca- oil on canvas 22x27cm Sandra Nunes



This charming red brick house half shaded by a green garden was calling me to paint

The red brick house- Urca -oil on canvas 27x22cm -Sandra Nunes

Posted bySandra Nunes at 7:22 PM  

4 comments:

Anonymous said... October 30, 2008 at 12:51 PM  

Hi Sandra

What wonderful colors !

Our landscape here in Niagara Falls is steadily losing color.
We had our first frost this morning.

Miss the warm color paintings !

Sandra Nunes said... October 30, 2008 at 9:44 PM  

Hi Jacq!
Thanks, it is springtime here.Its a wonderful time for plein air painting, as we approach summer it can be hard to get out. I would not mind to paint some beautiful grays as you have up there.(just for a very short time of course;))

Linda Richichi said... November 23, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

Hi Sandra,

I was excited to see a google alert with your name on it! Wonderful work. I look forward to the day we can paint together. I love the energy in your work. Keep it up! It is way to cold for me to paint out doors right now so I am in the studio. http://www.beaconartistunion.com/ Here is some of my new work. (more on the blog).

Best,
Linda

Sandra Nunes said... November 23, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

Hey Linda,
Thanks for stopping by.
I´ve just come from your blog.Terrific works!
...cold there...lots of rain here today.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2007 | Andreas08v2 by GeckoandFly and TemplatesForYou | Design by Andreas Viklund
TFY Burajiru