Art and Traveling

I´ve been  posting less here and privileging Facebook. This is a natural way  for the social network's immediacy and real time response. But I still like writing and reading longer posts. So I´ll keep this blog and my website as well for this kind of interactivity, sharing  as often as possible my creative process.


I´m restarting with some highlights from my recent trip to Europe.

Netherlands
Revisiting Rembrandt, this time at Rijksmuseum - Amsterdam
The Night Watch
Rembrandt at Rijksmuseum
The same subject, this time depicted by Frans Hals


The Banquet of the Officers of Saint George Militia
Frans Hals
Studying the Master of brushstrokes at Frans Hals Museum - Haarlem
Traveling  and being  exposed to different cultures, painting outdoors has been a great experience. Besides learning from the great masters, studying their canvases from the original, having  the opportunity to produce my work in different environments facilitates the exercise of a closer look at subtleties when trying to capture the local atmosphere.
Plein Air painting in Amsterdam - Leidseplein
Stadsschouwburg

Sandra Nunes

To be continued in the next post...


Continue reading here



Posted bySandra Nunes at 6:15 PM  

2 comments:

Michael Chesley Johnson, Artist / Writer said... October 7, 2015 at 6:10 AM  

Oh, don't give up the blog! For me, things posted on Facebook are short-lived, and I often miss much. Also, Facebook posts are like quick sketches; blog posts are more like big studio paintings, giving you more room to explore ideas in.

Sandra Nunes said... November 7, 2015 at 9:12 PM  

Thanks for your support Michael, I like your image as blog being like big studio paintings! I´ll try to keep it up ;)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright 2007 | Andreas08v2 by GeckoandFly and TemplatesForYou | Design by Andreas Viklund
TFY Burajiru